Tuesday, July 21, 2009

OOEY—GOOEY MARSHMALLOW BARS

I took these Ooey—Gooey Marshmallow Bars to work today for my co-worker's birthday. They went like hotcakes!

IMG_0258_1

Here are the ingredients needed:

IMG_0209

Here's how it's done: Mix together one devil’s food cake mix, 1/4 cup melted butter, 1/4 cup water and one egg.

IMG_0214

The mixture will be thick because these are bars.

IMG_0215

IMG_0216

Press the mixture into a greased 13” x 9” baking pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Take the pan out of the oven but don't turn the oven off yet.

IMG_0217

Sprinkle 3 cups of miniature marshmallows on top of the bars.

IMG_0221

Then add 2 cups of chocolate pieces.

IMG_0222

Finally, add 1/2 cup chopped peanuts, however I didn't chop mine. (Peanuts are optional: kids may like it better without the peanuts). Put back into the oven and bake 3-4 minutes longer or until the marshmallows begin to melt.

IMG_0224

Remove pan from the oven and press the chocolate pieces and peanuts down on the marshmallows so they won’t fall off when you’re eating them. Cut into squares and serve while hot and ooey-gooey! Yummy!

Added to Jen's Tasty Tuesday and Tempt My Tummy Tuesday

6 comments:

  1. Wow, those look great! Thanks for joining TMTT this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! They look so good! Great pictures.
    Love,
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  3. This just sounds soooooooo good. I love recipes like this that go together really fast and seem to disappear just as fast because they are so good. Thanks so much for sharing. I know your co-workers enjoyed such a wonderful treat. I just found you through Jen's blog. I see you're fairly new and I always love to meet new bloggers. Welcome to this world. It is so much fun to meet people all over the world. I know you will have a great time. We're having a "Cloche Party" that I host on Sept. 11th. I would love it if you would join us. We just decorate our cloches, apothecary jars and any kind of container we have around the house and have a great time. It is a great way to get to meet a lot of bloggers. This time we will be decorating for the fall season. You can go to my blog to see some examples in one of my past posts. Again, thanks for the recipe. This is one that I will definitely do. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment on my blog!! This recipe sounds great! I want to try it. LOOK FORWARD TO GETTING TO KNOW YOU BETTER!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh BOY do these look DELICOUS!!!! I'm sure everyone loved them!!!

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete